Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Sister Sorenson asked all of the missionary couples to host a Thanksgiving dinner for their district. She would furnish the turkey and a can of pumpkin. Great! Do I have a pan to cook the turkey in? Where can I find poultry seasoning so I can make dressing? I do not have a pie plate.
We only have two American missionaries, one from Arizona and another from Florida. Our other four missionaries are from Ukraine, Russia, England, and Denmark. So... we had an international Thanksgiving! We invited another senior couple that live next to us to join our dinner and she volunteered to make the pie (she has a pie plate) and the mashed potatoes. I cooked the turkey (we found a cooking bag that came in a long roll that you cut off as much as you need - it was only big enough for a chicken so I cut and rolled two pieces together) and the turkey turned out super AND very moist! We had gravy (not very good) and dressing (found poultry seasoning) beans and carrots and a Russian salad called "Olivia," plus pumpkin pie and chocolate cake, and a relish plate, chips and deviled eggs for munchies to start with. There were ten of us around our table. I found a table cloth and most of our dishes matched!
Thanksgiving dinner
Sister Trunova (Ukraine), Sister Champenios (Denmark), Elder Ablet (England), Jim, Elder Baldakov (Russia), Elder Hansen (Arizona), Elder Dunn (Florida), Anderson's (Lindon,Utah)

hanging out in the computer room
Hanson, Dunn, Ablet, Champenios, Baldakov, Trunova

A game of Phase 10! (while we watched the Polar Express)

Eight cameras were set up to take pictures - where to look?!


2 comments:

Kae said...

Your dinner sounds yummy. It makes me want to make a pie, I think I will.

Michelle said...

It isn't Thanksgiving if there isn't a crowd. Who won phase 10, how many played it for the first time at your home that night?