Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ice Sculptures


The sun was shining so we decided to play! We had heard about the ice sculptures at Victory Park and wanted to see them. We walked down to the metro and took the green line to the dark blue line and then a THREE MINUTE escalator ride UP into the sun shine. Victory Park was in front of us. Blocks of ice were stacked and then carved into the designs.

Frances Holmes, Arva Burton, Linda Rees, and ME! The ice sculpture says: Snovum Godum 2010, in Russian of course, which means "Happy New Year in 2010!"
This has Santa's sleigh on one side of the house and then his reindeer on the other side. Yes, it is cold. Steve Rees, Jack Holmes, Devere Burton and Jim wearing his levis!

Three sculptures are in this picture.


Devere Burton, Jack Holmes, Steve Rees, and Jim in front of two different sculptures.

Can you find the man, the donkey and the dragon?

This one might be a little easier to see the man, the donkey, and the dragon.

This one has Santa's sleigh on the right and the reindeer on the left and a beautiful house in the middle.


What were we thinking?

We saw this slide where all of the children were playing. I said that looks fun, we should go down with the children. So we did! I went first and Jim took a video of me. We only have pictures of Arva and Frances. It was amazing. We just brushed the snow off like it was dust.

The ice sculptures were magnificent! The slide was invigorating! The company was delightful! The day was perfect!


6 comments:

Kae said...

I was reading about the ice sculptures and was going to emial you about them. They look amazing!

Michelle said...

I want to go there! The one of Santa's house reminds of of "It's a small world" I can't believe how sunny it was. Those are the BRIGHTEST PICS I have seen on your blog...EVER!

Michelle said...

The sculptures are pretty and I like them. (MAGDALENA)

Michelle said...

I love the Santa one. (JACKSON)

Jen said...

YOu two are just so cute! This is more than a mission you guys are having a party! ANd you should because your little kids are all taken care of and ok. Mom you give me hope that when I grow up I will be fun again. Right now I just want my house clean my kids happy and cute and some quiet would be nice...at least that's what I think I want. :)I love those sculptures. IT just goes to show that no matter where you are the human spirit wants to create and make something beautiful. BIG hugs and lots of smiles.

SEO First said...

Awesome ice sculptures. Specially the dragon sculptures is too good. Ice Bars Los Angeles