Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Service Project

Members of the District, the couple missionaries and anyone else that wanted to, came to a care center for seniors to do a service project. We had so much fun. The sun was shining and that is always great for a start. We rode the metro down to a pretty part of town. There were not many tall buildings and I think we saw a park. We all waited to go inside to sing. (I do not know what the green building is, our building is to the left.) We sang "I Am a Child of God," and "O, My Father," and "As I Have Loved You." The American members all sat down after singing and just the Russian members sang Russian folk songs. I loved it! The folk songs were just like you have heard and imagined. The people in the care center would sing the songs too. It was so fun! After they sang we passed out bags with gifts inside. Later we went to the Burton's home and had lunch. Great day!



This is the Russian members singing their folk songs. The care center has a stage and seats like in a theater. It was a very nice place.


The people in the care center were having so much fun with the folk songs that they got up and started dancing. I took a video of some of the music. I felt like I was in the REAL Russia!



3 comments:

Kae said...

How fun! Did any of the people do the knee bend/ arms folded dance?

Michelle said...

I'm glad you got some video. I look forward to seeing it. Sounds like it was a down to earth peak at Russian life, no touristy stuff. Funny how it's not much different than home.

Jen said...

I'm surprised you didn't grab a cute granpa and start to polka! where's your spirit!! J/K old people are cute all over the world. (I hope that came out right and non offensive) Any how don't you just love blue skies! I went walking yesterday and it was cold but the sun was out. Love the sun!