Monday, September 20, 2010

The Chambers of the Tsar Alexey Mikhaylovich / the wooden house at Kolomenskya Park

This building was worth the wait. It was being rebuilt in a different place in Kolomenskya Park. We found this sign that told us about the building. It is the Chanbers of the Tsar Alexy Mikhaylovich.
The Chambers of the Tsar
Alexey Mikhaylovich

Standing in front waiting for our tour in Russian. No English tours available. Jim, Jack, and Leon

Linda, me, and Francis

The front view of the "Chambers."

side view

The wood work and the decorations are amazing!

A different side of the building.

The back of the bulding
While we were waiting for our "Russian tour," we decided to go to the apple orchard and pick some apples from the apple trees. However, the apples had already been found, picked and eaten by all of the other park visitors!
This is our Russian tour guide dressed in a traditional dress of the Tsarina. The Russian women were to keep their hair covered. The detail on her head covering is amazing!

Standing on the front steps, on our way into the building, we looked up and saw this painting on the ceiling...a lion and a unicorn. Maybe the guide talked about this but we didn't have anyone there to translate it for us.

This is the front door into the buildilng.

This is the double headed Eagle. It is on the ceiling in the first room.

hallway

This is the dining hall. The Tsar's table is to the left. He has his own table. No one shares it with him. It is about the size of a card table. (I had a picture of the Tsar's table too but it accidently got deleted from the blog when I was deleting extra spaces...oops!)

Another celiing picture. This has the sun and moon and stars.

Looking at the Throne.

Another look at the Throne.

The Tsar's Throne

This chandelier has two cows in it.

Bed Chamber

another hallway

furnace in the Bynya

Hot Tub in the Bynya

The Bynya

4 comments:

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

wow. that's cool. do you think you can rebuild it toy size with the lincoln logs?

Jen said...

Love love love the wood! I'm going crazy over the detail!!!! I so should have been born rich...but would I appreciate it as much as I do now? most likely not. I have to hand it to Russia I never ever thought it could hold such beauty. Lesson learned there is beauty everywhere just "look". Pretty deep huh :) Do you remember the nursery rhyme "the lion and the unicorn"? I wonder if that is what your picture was of. Funny I always thought it was about england. Cool. A Russian rhyme in nursery books. who would have thought?

Michelle said...

the Tsar's home reminds me of the Detail in the Castle we went through on spring break. I'm glad you took all those pictures of the details...WOW, do you think the rich even notice it? Jen, I'm pulling a blank on the nursery rhyme. Oh, Mom, is this house still the Tsar's home or a museum now?

Kae said...

Wow, too bad it wasn't open when I was there. Great pictures