Saturday, May 7, 2011

frog pond, shoshliks, and Smoglucks

Denis wanted to take us to a beautiful pond with lots of frogs and have a cook out. We were going to cook shoshlik on his portable grill. He picked us up, drove to his apartment to see where he lived, bought the meat for the shoshlik, and then drive to the park with the frogs. We had a great time with Denis Smogluck and his wife Jenna, and son Andre.





Setting up the grill.



Beautiful!

Picking up a frog to show Andre.



Andre has decided to touch the frog.



Preparing the shoshliks.



cooking....


and eating...delicious!



Denis, Andre, Jenna, Me


4 comments:

Kae said...

So you finally made it out with Denise and his family. was the meat as good as the meat we had in Ismaylovsky?

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

that was a pretty place. did you teach them how to catch frogs with a fish hook?

Michelle said...

That was my first thought too, where's the fishing pool for Andre to catch his own frog.
An outdoor outing with one child, now it's time for 17 little ones! I know your ready.

Kae said...

Hailey- this is Annie's friend.
my dad went to Russia and got us a handmade Russian doll. Russia looks so pretty in the pics.my dad never takes pictures. P.S.my name is spelled correctly.
Annie- I see you have met Hailey. I was showing her my blog, mom's blog, and your blog. We think it is pretty neat. You can tell Hailey writes a lot. (She told me to say that). Bye!